Re: Setting autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor to 0 a good idea ?

From: Sébastien Lorion <sl(at)thestrangefactory(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor to 0 a good idea ?
Date: 2012-09-15 02:35:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

Ah I see... I thought that by running the vacuum more often, its cost would
be divided in a more or less linear fashion, with a base constant cost.
While I read about the vacuum process, I did not check the source code or
even read about the actual algorithm, so I am sorry for having asked a
nonsensical question :)

It was theoretical, my current database does what you suggest, but I might
increase workers as about 10 tables see a heavy update rate and are quite
large compared to the others.

Sébastien