Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box

From: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box
Date: 2011-07-13 22:24:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
As in the topic I can't connect to a PG installed in ubuntu on virtualbox.
The host system is Windows XP, pg is running on ubuntu as I van connect to
it through pgadmin on VB. When I try to connect to it from software running
on the host system I get the error asking whether the server is running on
host 192.168.56.101 and is accepting connections on port 5432 which it does.
The network configuration on Virtual box is set so I can ping the VB from
host system. Have anyone tried to do that? Pg version is 8.2.4 instelled
from source. I will be able to give more info wehrmachtu I get to work
tomorrow.