Re: pg_upgrade + Extensions

From: Smitha Pamujula <smitha(dot)pamujula(at)iovation(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Grant Holly <grant(dot)holly(at)iovation(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade + Extensions
Date: 2015-07-10 18:32:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

I just tested and yes that worked. Once we have the new library for the
hostname, pg_upgrade is not complaining about the hostname extension.

Another thing we found is this. We needed to drop json_build extension
before the upgrade. However the upgrade fails with the following error and
the way to resolve it is to install json_build94 library. Any ideas why
this might be?

/usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_upgrade --check --link
Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation. You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation. A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
loadable_libraries.txt

Failure, exiting
[postgres(at)pdxdvrptsrd04 ~]$ cat loadable_libraries.txt
Could not load library "json_build"
ERROR: could not access file "json_build": No such file or directory

Thanks
Smitha

--
Smitha Pamujula
Database Administrator // The Watch Woman

Direct: 503.943.6764
Mobile: 503.290.6214 // Twitter: iovation
www.iovation.com