Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem

From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-Dev <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem
Date: 2018-01-17 20:17:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> * Michael Paquier (michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:

>> > Sure, if you can get into this state, please feel free to update the
>> > status of the patch yourself.
>>
>> We're now over a month since this status update- Claudio, for this to
>> have a chance during this commitfest to be included (which, personally,
>> I think would be great as it solves a pretty serious issue..), we really
>> need to have it be rebased and updated. Once that's done, as Michael
>> says, please change the patch status back to 'Needs Review'.
>>

> Sorry, had tons of other stuff that took priority.
>
> I'll get to rebase this patch now.

Huh. That was simpler than I thought.

Attached rebased versions.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Vacuum-allow-using-more-than-1GB-work-mem-v14.patch text/x-patch 25.6 KB
0003-Vacuum-free-dead-tuples-array-as-early-as-possible-v7.patch text/x-patch 2.7 KB