Re: [Bug / Question ] " authentication_timeout " is invalid.

From: 林俊彥 <james(dot)lin(at)cenoq(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Bug / Question ] " authentication_timeout " is invalid.
Date: 2015-09-17 04:02:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi , Jeff,
Thank you for reply. I used to use in the following ways but still
could not be verified:
----------- Log start ---------------------
[BEGIN] 2015/9/17 11:51:51
[postgres(at)pg95 ~]$ cat test.sh

#!/bin/bash
ip a |grep eth0
psql -h 100.200.100.211<<EOF
show authentication_timeout;
select now();
\! sh net_test.sh
select now();
EOF

[postgres(at)pg95 ~]$ cat net_test.sh

#!/bin/bash
sudo ifdown eth0
sleep 90
sudo ifup eth0

[postgres(at)pg95 ~]$ ./test.sh
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfif
o_fast state UP qlen 1000
inet 100.200.100.211/8 brd 100.255.255.255 scope global eth0
authentication_timeout
------------------------
1min
(1 row)
now
-------------------------------
2015-09-17 11:52:43.842508+08
(1 row)
now
2015-09-17 11:54:18.161079+08
(1 row)

[END] 2015/9/17 11:54:35

Could you give me an example to verify it? Let me verify it is active or
not. thank you !!

best regards,

James