Re: GatherMerge misses to push target list

From: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GatherMerge misses to push target list
Date: 2017-09-18 07:16:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks Amit for the patch.

I reviewed the code changes as well as performed more testing. Patch
looks good to me.

Here is the updated patch - where added test-case clean up.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Rushabh Lathia
> <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
> > wrote:
> >>

> > This seems like a good optimization. I tried to simulate the test given
> > in the mail, initially wasn't able to generate the exact test - as index
> > creation is missing in the test shared.
> >

> Oops.
>
> > I also won't consider this as bug, but its definitely good optimization
> > for GatherMerge.
> >

> >> Note - If we agree on the problems and fix, then I can add regression
> >> tests to cover above cases in the patch.
> >

> > Sure, once you do that - I will review the patch.
> >

> The attached patch contains regression test as well.
>
> Thanks for looking into it.
>
> --
> With Regards,
> Amit Kapila.

Rushabh Lathia

Attachment Content-Type Size
pushdown_target_gathermerge_v2_cleanup.patch text/x-patch 5.5 KB