Re: Showing parallel status in \df+

From: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Masao Fujii <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Showing parallel status in \df+
Date: 2016-09-22 05:36:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I agree with the argument in this thread, having "Source code" as part of
\df+
is bit annoying, specifically when output involve some really big PL
language
functions. Having is separate does make \df+ output more readable. So I
would
vote for \df++ rather then adding the source code as part of footer for
\df+.

Personally I didn't like idea for keeping "source code" for C/internal
functions as part of \df+ and moving others out of it. If we really want to
move "source code" from \df+, then it should be consistent - irrespective
of language. So may be remove "source code" completely from \df+ and add
\df++ support for the "source code".

--
Rushabh Lathia