Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI

From: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI
Date: 2022-03-03 10:16:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andres,

> This presumably is due to using mingw's python rather than python.org's
> python. Seems like a reasonable thing to support for the mingw build.
>
> Melih, you could try to build against the python.org python (i installed
> in
> the CI container).

I tried to use the installed python from python.org in the container.
The problem with this is that "LIBDIR" and "LDLIBRARY" configs of python
for windows from python.org are empty. Therefore python_libdir or other
related variables in configure file are not set correctly.

Seems we're doing something wrong and end up with a 4 byte off_t, whereas
> python ends up with an 8byte one. We probably need to fix that. But it's
> not
> the cause of this problem.
>

> You could take out -s from the make flags and see whether plpython3.dll is
> being built and installed, and where to.

Here is a run without -s: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4569363104661504
I couldn't get what's wrong from these logs to be honest. But I see that
plpython3.dll exists under src/pl/plpython after build when I run these
steps locally.

Best,
Melih