Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format

From: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Date: 2023-01-12 08:23:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Thanks for your reviews.

Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu) <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, 12 Oca 2023 Per,
06:07 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

> On Wednesday, January 11, 2023 7:45 PM Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> (1-1) There is no need to log the version and the query by elog here.
> (1-2) Also, I suggest we can remove the server_version variable itself,
> because we have only one actual reference for it.
> There is a style that we call walrcv_server_version in the
> 'if condition' directly like existing codes in
> fetch_remote_table_info().
> (1-3) Suggestion to improve comments.
> FROM:
> /* If the publisher is v16 or later, copy in binary format.*/
> TO:
> /* If the publisher is v16 or later, copy data in the required data
> format. */

Forgot to remove that LOG line. Removed it now and applied other
suggestions too.

> I think if we change the order of this part of check like below, then
> it would look more aligned with other existing test codes introduced by
> this patch.

Right. Changed it to make it more aligned with the rest.

Thanks,
--
Melih Mutlu
Microsoft

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Allow-logical-replication-to-copy-table-in-binary.patch application/octet-stream 24.2 KB