Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI

From: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI
Date: 2022-10-18 09:49:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andres,

Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, 11 Eki 2022 Sal, 21:23 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> I think it might be easier to just set MSYS=winjitdebug
>
> https://www.msys2.org/wiki/JIT-Debugging/#native-windows-processes-started-from-msys2
> and then rely on the existing windows crash reporting stuff.

Done.

> You removed a bunch of newlines here and nearby - I assume that wasn't
> intentional?

Yes, that was my mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed.

> There's no need to use dash anymore, the amount of shell script run is
> minimal.

Switched back to bash.

> I think the "cd"s here are superfluous given the ninja -C %BUILD_DIR% etc.

You're right. Those were needed when it was building with autoconf. Not
anymore. Removed.

Only remembered that just after sending my email: When using b_pch=true
> (which
> saves a lot of time on mingw) ccache won't cache much (IIRC just the pch
> files
> themselves) unless you do something like
> export CCACHE_SLOPPINESS=pch_defines,time_macros

Added CCACHE_SLOPPINESS and CCACHE_SLOPPINESS variables.

You can find the updated patch attached.

Best,
Melih

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Added-Windows-with-MinGW-environment-in-Cirrus-CI.patch application/octet-stream 5.9 KB