Service start up error "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"

From: keshav dixit <keshav(dot)dixit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Service start up error "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"
Date: 2012-04-13 10:48:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Not sure if this is correct forum for this, if not please redirect me to
correct one. I am trying to install pgsql 8.4 on windows 2008 64bit server
in F: drive and data also on the same drive. I have stup postgres as a
local user with admin rights, but service never starts up. I get the error
: "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185". I can not find any
service related to psql in list of running services. I have tried to
install as admin account aand with postgres local user. Please suggest
where I might be wrong and how I have to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Keshav Dixit