Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data

From: Georgy Buranov <gburanov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data
Date: 2018-08-31 15:34:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Again, you can set REPLICA IDENTITY to FULL and it'll be there.

So, why I think this is complicated

* We use primary keys for all tables, so we do not need REPLICA
IDENTITY full actually. As far as I understand, it will make
master/slave replication ineffective as well
* I need the information about this primary key in rd_replidindex of
relation (to send it later to kafka). As far as I understand, with
REPLICA IDENTITY FULL the rd_replidindex will not be the primary key