Bug in handling OID numbers, surfacing with numbers > 2^31?

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in handling OID numbers, surfacing with numbers > 2^31?
Date: 2019-09-06 16:36:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi developers!

It would seem that pgAdmin4 pastes OID numbers as numeric literals instead
of string literals, if this report can be trusted:

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/247119/unable-to-output-data-from-tables-in-pgadmin-due-to-missing-oid-operator

Leads to sneaky errors with OIDs beyond 2^31. Details in the added answer
there. I did not recreate the issue as its hard to fake those OIDs.

Do you want me to add a bug report in Redmine?

Regards
Erwin