Re: New repo RPMs

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New repo RPMs
Date: 2019-04-16 12:20:32
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi Devrim,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 02:21, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> 1. Instead of having separate repo RPMs per PostgreSQL major version, we
> now
> have one single repo RPM that supports all supported PostgreSQL releases.
> This
> will make our lives easier. The new packages obsolete the current ones.

I have noticed that version 10 folder (
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/)
still contains the pgdg-redhat10 package, while the 11 one (
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/)
doesn't. I see that version 9.6, 9.5 and 9.4 do have that file.

What is the expected behaviour? It is important to know if the file stays
there or not, so that existing configuration managers or automation tools
(I am thinking of Ansible playbooks) that are used to recreate systems from
scratch are not impacted.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini - Head of Global Support
gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com | www.2ndQuadrant.com