Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: Kam Lasater <ckl(at)seekayel(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2015-09-23 20:58:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > We have to use something OSS; open source projects depending on
> > closed-source infra is bad news. Out of what's available, I'd actually
> > choose Bugzilla; as much as BZ frustrates the heck out of me at times,
> > it's the only OSS tracker that's at all sophisticated.

Josh,

I'm not sure I agree here on the BT needing to be OSS. That said not
sure its my call :)

> ... The above-referenced individuals
> would be the bug tracking system curators, of course. Unless it's got
> serious technical issues, the infrastructure team will do our best to
> support the choice. On the other hand, some of us would likely be
> involved in bug curation also.

Stephen,

In digging around more I found this wiki page that seems to be the
closest thing to a BT: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

Is the curation already being done? If the contents of that wiki page
were injected into a BT, would that be enough of a start?