Re: SSH Tunneling implementation

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSH Tunneling implementation
Date: 2012-07-06 17:17:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> logic
> created using

> libssh2

> >> Good point. Yes it is.
> >
> > Gargh, hit Send too soon.
> >
> > So, following on:
> >
> > - s/Certificate/Public key
> >
> > - Does the user really need to specify the public key as well as the
> > private key? Normally just the private key is use at the client, and
> > the public key at the server.
>
> Shouldn't be needed, no. The client presents the private key, the
> server will automatically find the corresponding public key (or
> complain that it can't).

Exactly.
It should be Identity file (private key - not public key)

One thing, missing is the passphrase of the identity file.
I had conversation with Akshay regarding it.

We were agree to change the label for password to Password/Pass Phrase and
the certificate to 'Identity File'.
So - the same textbox can be used to take password. And, pass-phrase in
case of identity file is provided.

And - add a label to show tip about the Password/Pass-phrase at the bottom
of the dialog to explain that use of the text-box.

Do you think - it make sense?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi