Postgres Team Member Wanted

From: Amanda Nystrom <amanda(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres Team Member Wanted
Date: 2021-06-10 00:15:31
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Are you tired of 60 hour weeks, being under appreciated and having no
meaningful relationship with your team? Command Prompt has: No Venture
Capital, No Debt, and No B.S. We are honest, transparent, professional
services and support for the Postgres centered stack.

Command Prompt offers:

-

100% work from home: Digital nomads welcome!
-

401k with full match
-

Profit sharing
-

Flex time
-

Health Insurance
-

Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
-

Book Stipend
-

Professional Development subsidy
-

A positive work environment built around productive team dynamics

About Command Prompt:

Command Prompt is an original Postgres company and has been operating since
1997. We specialize in white glove, platinum level service with a focus on
positivity, professionalism, and team growth. We have an extremely low
turnover rate for team members as well as clients, with active clients
since 2004. We are profitable and wish to add an amazing team member.

About you:

You do not seek a gig, you seek a home. You are a legal U.S. resident or
citizen. You want to be part of a team of professionals vested in the
success of themselves, their team, and their clients. You have a positive
attitude, excellent written and verbal communication. You prefer a dynamic
work environment and you encourage constructive criticism. You love to
solve problems and find creative solutions.

Your skill set is that of a generalist with a competent practical knowledge
of Linux, PostgreSQL, and related technologies. There may be a passion
within you for automation with Salt or Ansible and you love well written
documentation. You understand that practical security is for the benefit of
yourself, your team, and the client. Your ego allows you to ask for help
and welcomes the opportunity to learn. You may grumble about the cloud but
you understand its place and value. You have the ability to imagine,
propose, test, and deliver integrated and maintained solutions for clients.
You work well in a team.

You will be interfacing with clients and a positive attitude for service
and professionalism is not optional.

What would be nice:

-

Knowledge in Oracle, ideally with experience in Oracle to PostgreSQL
migrations.
-

Experience supporting PostgreSQL in cloud environments including (but
not limited to) AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Softlayer, etc.
-

Detailed understanding of the PostgreSQL Architecture and internals.
-

Understanding and working knowledge of various extensions in PostgreSQL.
-

Effective technical writing for documentation and playbooks.
-

Kubernetes experience.

Apply:

-

Email your resume as a PDF attachment to: amanda(at)commandprompt(dot)com
-

The subject of the email will be the reason we should consider your
resume.
-

Do not send a cover letter.

Applicants that do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.

--
Owner || Chief Operating Officer
Command Prompt, Inc. || 503-667-4564