Mac OS X Lion how to connect to remote server ?

From: Yvon Thoraval <yvon(dot)thoraval(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mac OS X Lion how to connect to remote server ?
Date: 2012-04-02 13:40:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I've installed PostgreSQL using one click installer on Mac OS X Lion.

I'd like to query this server from the net.

How to allow specific IPV6 addresses to connect to the databases
'addressbook', 'cli', 'landp' and 'landp_public' ?

I've tested a simple solution using ssh port forwarding :

$ ssh -L 3333:localhost:5432 yt(at)iMac

But I'd like not to use this solution, I'd better use tcp ip.

Then how to setup pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf for that purpose ?

Does i need to open TCPIP port 5432, and how ?

--
Yvon