PostgreSQL Packages

From: rajdeep limbu <rajdeep(dot)limbu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Packages
Date: 2019-03-29 09:52:26
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hello Team,

I have some query regarding the PostgreSQL installation and its packages. I
have installed PostgreSQL 9.5 version for CentOS 7 from this link
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/

These are the packages which I found post installation ;

[image: image.png]

I wanted to see the generated files or contents which are associated with
these packages. Where can I see the postgresql-runtime packages?? are they
separately installed? Can somebody from the support team help me out with
this?

Apart from this, I had a query regarding the naming convention followed by
PostgreSQL for their *client* and *server *packages. For all the server
installations, they call it PostgreSQL Server. However, for the client
related installations,
they nowhere mention that it is a PostgreSQL client rather they say it as
PostgreSQL ( at least for CentOS). what about Ubuntu, Debian, and other
installations? Can you throw some light on this ??

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajdeep