Re: Enumize logical replication message actions

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enumize logical replication message actions
Date: 2020-10-30 12:22:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 17:37, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I don't like the word 'Enumize' in commit message. How about changing
> it to something like: (a) Add defines for logical replication protocol
> messages, or (b) Associate names with logical replication protocol
> messages.

I have used "Use Enum for top level logical replication message types" in
the attached patch. But please free to use (a) if you feel so.

> + 2. It's easy to locate the code handling a given type.
>
> In the above instead of 'type', shouldn't it be 'message'.

Used "message type". But please feel free to use "message" if you think
that's appropriate.

> Other than that the patch looks good to me.

Patch with updated commit message and also the list of reviewers

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Use-Enum-for-top-level-logical-replication-message-t_v4.patch text/x-patch 8.7 KB