Service not starting on Ubuntu 15.04

From: Lasse Westh-Nielsen <lassewesth(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Service not starting on Ubuntu 15.04
Date: 2015-10-26 11:21:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey,

I posted to stackoverflow about my problem upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 to
Ubuntu 15.04:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33306475/ubuntu-15-04-postgresql-doesnt-start

Tl;dr: postgresql service does not start properly when installed as a
package using cloud-init.

And I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong, if the AMI is no
good, if the package has problems, ... I reckon I cannot be the first
person to use Postgres on Ubuntu Vivid, but I have been hammering my head
against the wall with this for hours.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Lasse