Re: once more: documentation search indexing

From: Michael Christofides <michael(at)pgmustard(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: once more: documentation search indexing
Date: 2022-04-13 17:47:45
Lists: pgsql-www

> Sadly, we do seem to have lost the ability to find old versions. Searching
> for example for "pg_stat_statements 9.6" for me still gives the 14 version,
> and the 9.6 version only in Russian off the pgpro site.

I remember this concern, and it's a shame there isn't a good solution to
both.

Another concern that was raised previously was whether we'd lose the
reputation that had been built up, but I'm still seeing the docs in the top
search position almost all of the time. It would be good to check whether
overall traffic, or average position, are down at all though.

So it appears that there is a traffic shift to the most recent docs
> based on the rel=canonical change.

Great to see the numbers, thanks again!

Michael Christofides