Re: Postgresql and Clang Static Analyzer

From: Bill Parker <wp02855(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Дилян Палаузов <dpa-postgres(at)aegee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql and Clang Static Analyzer
Date: 2017-05-05 21:41:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

This by itself doesn't prove the existence of a bug, while it's a useful
tool to find pieces of code which MIGHT be a problem, it doesn't prove that
every instance is an actual bug :)

Clang-Analyzer and other static analysis tools are useful when used with
actually reading the code in question (I've found bugs which clang-analyzer
has actually missed in other software projects)