Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly
Date: 2014-11-17 10:54:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Fujita-san,

Here are comments for postgres_fdw-syscol patch.

Sanity
--------
The patch applies and compiles cleanly.
The server regression and regression in contrib/postgres_fdw,file_fdw run
cleanly.

Code
-------
1. Instead of a single liner comment "System columns can't be sent to
remote.", it might be better to explain why system columns can't be sent to
the remote.
2. The comment in deparseVar is single line comment, so it should start and
end on the same line i.e. /* and */ should be on the same line.
3. Since there is already a testcase which triggered this particular
change, it will good, if we add that to regression in postgres_fdw.