Re: dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dropping partitioned tables without CASCADE
Date: 2017-02-22 04:46:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Looks good to me. In the attached patch I have added a comment
explaining the reason to make partition tables "Auto" dependent upon
the corresponding partitioned tables.

In the tests we are firing commands to drop partitioned table, but are
not checking whether those tables or the partitions are getting
dropped or not. Except for drop_if_exists.sql, I did not find that we
really check this. Should we try a query on pg_class to ensure that
the tables get really dropped?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Allow-dropping-partitioned-table-without-CASCADE_v2.patch application/octet-stream 11.7 KB