Clarification on materialized view restriction needed

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Clarification on materialized view restriction needed
Date: 2013-08-27 08:27:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,
I want to create a materialized view as the output of a plpgsql function
returning a set of rows. But that function creates temporary tables and
thus can not be used for creating materialized view as per the
documentation at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-creatematerializedview.html.
"This query will run within a security-restricted operation; in particular,
calls to functions that themselves create temporary tables will fail."

I tried to understand what is "security-restricted operation", and didn't
find any definition of this term or any listing as to "these are
security-restricted operations ...". I am wondering what are other
restrictions on the queries whose results can be used to create
materialized views.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat