Re: Foreign tables privileges not shown in information_schema.table_privileges

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Nicolas Thauvin <nicolas(dot)thauvin(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Foreign tables privileges not shown in information_schema.table_privileges
Date: 2017-08-11 08:52:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Nicolas Thauvin
<nicolas(dot)thauvin(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The information_schema.table_privileges view filters on regular tables
> and views. Foreign tables are not shown in this view but they are in
> other views of the information_schema like tables or column_privileges.
>
> Is it intentional? A patch is attached if not.

The line was first added by 596652d6 and updated by 262e821d to
include partitioned tables. Looks like we have forgot to add tables
added in between i.e. foreign tables and materialized views.
column_privileges doesn't have materialized views. Attached patch adds
materialized views to column_privileges view along with your changes.

Please add this to the next commitfest so that it doesn't get forgotten.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Attachment Content-Type Size
information_schema_privileges_relkinds.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB