Re: proposal - reference to plpgsql_check from plpgsql doc

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal - reference to plpgsql_check from plpgsql doc
Date: 2020-09-08 15:21:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

po 17. 8. 2020 v 11:03 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
napsal:

> po 17. 8. 2020 v 10:37 odesílatel Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
> napsal:
>

>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 8:47 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> plpgsql_check extension is almost complete now. This extension is
>>> available on all environments and for all supported Postgres releases. It
>>> is probably too big to be part of contrib, but I think so it can be
>>> referenced in
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-development-tips.html
>>> chapter.
>>>
>>> What do you think about it?
>>>

>> Without making any valuation on this particular tool, I think we should
>> be very very careful and restrictive about putting such links in the main
>> documentation.
>>
>> The appropriate location for such references are in the product catalog
>> on the website and on the wiki. (I'd be happy to have a link from the docs
>> to a generic "pl/pgsql tips" page on the wiki, though, if people would
>> think that helpful -- because that would be linking to a destination that
>> we can easily update/fix should it go stale)
>>

> good idea

I created this page

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tools_and_tips_for_develpment_in_PL/pgSQL_language

Now, there is just a list of available tools. Please, can somebody check it
and clean and fix my Czechisms in text?

Regards

Pavel