Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Platon Pronko <platon7pronko(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: very long record lines in expanded psql output
Date: 2021-08-05 14:38:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

čt 5. 8. 2021 v 16:32 odesílatel Platon Pronko <platon7pronko(at)gmail(dot)com>
napsal:

> Hi!
>
> My apologies - I was using pspg incorrectly. If it's called via the pipe
> then all the column wrapping is ignored, and that's why I couldn't
> reproduce
> the issues. If instead pspg is used via "\setenv PAGER pspg", then I
> indeed can't
> scroll the table horizontally more than 1 character, and that's definitely
> broken.
>
> I'll be using "\pset format wrapped" from now on, it's good enough. My only
> issue would be with copying the long cell contents, but that's an uncommon
> case and can be worked around without too much trouble.

pspg supports copy cell to clipboard - you can copy complete cell, although
some parts are invisible

https://github.com/okbob/pspg#export--clipboard

but I am not sure if it is working well in extended mode. This mode is not
extra tested in pspg

Regards

Pavel