Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
Date: 2021-07-22 06:33:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

čt 22. 7. 2021 v 7:52 odesílatel Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> napsal:

> >> Ok. I noticed. The patch got significantly broken by the watch pager
> >> commit. I also have to enhance the added tests (per Peter request).
> >
> > I wrote a test to check psql query cancel support. I checked that it
> fails
> > against the patch that was reverted. Maybe this is useful.
>
> Thank you! The patch update is in progress…
>
> The newly added PSQL_WATCH_PAGER feature which broke the patch does not
> seem to be tested anywhere, this is tiring:-(

Do you have any idea how this can be tested? It requires some pager that
doesn't use blocking reading, and you need to do remote control of this
pager. So it requires a really especially written pager just for this
purpose. It is solvable, but I am not sure if it is adequate to this
patch.

Regards

Pavel