Re: [PROPOSAL] new diagnostic items for the dynamic sql

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)migops(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] new diagnostic items for the dynamic sql
Date: 2021-11-07 07:23:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

pá 5. 11. 2021 v 19:27 odesílatel Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)migops(dot)com>
napsal:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thank you for your follow up, and attaching a new patch which addresses
> Pavel's comments.
> Let me know If I miss anything here.
>

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 17:40, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
>> > On 9 Sep 2021, at 08:23, Dinesh Chemuduru <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)migops(dot)com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Let me try to fix the suggested case(I tried to fix this case in the
>> past, but this time I will try to spend more time on this), and will submit
>> a new patch.
>>
>> This CF entry is marked Waiting on Author, have you had the chance to
>> prepare a
>> new version of the patch addressing the comments from Pavel?

I think the functionality is correct. I am not sure about implementation

1. Is it necessary to introduce a new field "current_query"? Cannot be used
"internalquery" instead? Introducing a new field opens some questions -
what is difference between internalquery and current_query, and where and
when have to be used first and when second? ErrorData is a fundamental
generic structure for Postgres, and can be confusing to enhance it by one
field just for one purpose, that is not used across Postgres.

2. The name set_current_err_query is not consistent with names in elog.c -
probably something like errquery or set_errquery or set_errcurrent_query
can be more consistent with other names.

Regards

Pavel