Re: proposal - psql - use pager for \watch command

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal - psql - use pager for \watch command
Date: 2021-07-13 04:34:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

út 13. 7. 2021 v 2:01 odesílatel Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
napsal:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 8:20 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> > po 12. 7. 2021 v 18:12 odesílatel vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
> napsal:
> >> Thanks for fixing the comments, CFbot also passes for the same. I have
> >> changed the status back to "Ready for Committer".
> >
> > I tested this version with the last release and with a developing
> version of pspg, and it works very well.
>
> Pushed, after retesting on macOS (with the fixed pspg that has by now
> arrived in MacPorts), FreeBSD and Linux. Thanks! I'm using this to
> monitor system views when demoing new features in development, it's
> nice. Of course, I don't like the default theme, it's a bit too
> MS-DOS/Norton for my taste, but the quieter themes are good :-)

I have a different feeling - I cannot write with an editor without a blue
background from my beginning with Turbo Pascal 5.5 :-), and although I
spent a lot of hours on creating and tuning themes for the pspg, I still
prefer the mc theme, and some themes look really nice. But I cannot work
with it.

Thank you very much for your work - I hope so this will be an interesting
feature of psql

Pavel