Re: BUG #16126: Missing the sp_OACreate procedures

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16126: Missing the sp_OACreate procedures
Date: 2019-11-20 09:52:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi

st 20. 11. 2019 v 9:51 odesílatel PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> napsal:

> Bug reference: 16126
> Logged by: Prasad Jadhav
> Email address: jadhavprasad57(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.1
> Operating system: Windows
>

> Hi,
>
> I am migrating my MS SQL databases to PostgresSQL. I wish to convert one
> stored procedure from SQL server to PostgreSQL. But I couldn't find the
> compatibility for 'sp_OACreate' extended procedure.
>
> Does PostgreSQL OA extended procedure ? or any equivalent objects?

This is not bug. Postgres doesn't supports COM objects, because it is
multiplatform project, and COM objects are +/- MS platform only technology.

Postgres has own API that can be used for extensions -
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/server-programming.html

When you have knowledge of C programming, then you can use it. If not, then
you can use Python or Perl interface.

Pavel