proposal: force slow part of plpgsql compilation

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: proposal: force slow part of plpgsql compilation
Date: 2018-04-21 03:35:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I am plpgsql_check author and now, I am solving bug related to cached
plpgsql function. I am not able fore plpgsql compilation - and sometimes
the compiled version can be obsolete. As protection to false alarms, I need
fresh compilation immediately before plpgsql_check call.

I need a new option "NoCache" to plpgsql_compile function. If this option
will be true, then function_valid will be false.

Comments, notes?

Regards

Pavel