pg_stat_statements requires compute_query_id

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_stat_statements requires compute_query_id
Date: 2021-05-10 14:36:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I tested features of Postgres 14. The extension pg_stat_statements didn't
work to me until I enabled compute_query_id. Is it expected behaviour?

I expected just an empty column query_id and workable extension. This
doesn't look well.

More, it increases the (little bit) complexity of migration to Postgres 14.

Regards

Pavel