Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement
Date: 2018-12-05 16:40:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

st 5. 12. 2018 v 15:03 odesílatel Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
napsal:

> But maybe your extension could read the PERFORM statement preceding it and
> treat it as an annotation hint for the following statement.
>

> In this case, comment line in some format will be better than real PERFORM
> statement. Like this:
>
> /*+PRAGMA cmdtype CREATE; */
> EXECUTE format('CREATE TABLE xxx ...

I looked there and It is not possible to implement it - plpgsql uses SQL
lexer, and the content of comments are just ignored. So I cannot to read
comments. There is not any possibility to read it simply from plpgsql.
Unfortunately, but it is expected, there is nothing like query string for
plpgsql statement.

Regards

Pavel