plpgsql_check future

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plpgsql_check future
Date: 2017-09-28 20:23:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

The plpgsql_check is mature project now, and I am would to start discussion
about future of this project. It is still private project, although it is
important for one from key PostgreSQL feature - PLpgSQL. I would be happy
if the community can take some responsibility for this project. This
project is too small to create own community and infrastructure like
PostGIS.

The development is almost time quiet. There are two issues:

1. It is placed on my personal repository on GitHub. It is far to perfect
from security, from substitutability perspective.

2. There is problems with builds for other than Linux platforms. The builds
on MS Win are difficult for me, because I don't use Windows.

The plpgsql_check is too big be part of contrib. But I invite some similar,
what help me with mentioned issues.

Any ideas?

Regards

Pavel