Re: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2019-03 CF Summary / Review - Tranche #2
Date: 2019-02-16 06:02:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

> - block level PRAGMA
>
> NR: My reading of this thread is that the proposal is closer to being
> rejected than merged.
>
> Andres: reject or punt?

This patch is very simple and has strong sense for users of
plpgsql_checks. For first moment, only plpgsql_check's users can get some
advance from it. But if we implement autonomous transactions, and I hope so
this feature will be implemented, then this code can be used for Oracle's
PL/SQL syntax compatible implementation. There is not any disadvantage - it
is clean, and compatible with ADA, PL/SQL .. I implemented just only block
level PRAGMA, and there was not any disagreement.

Regards

Pavel