Re: Re: issue: record or row variable cannot be part of multiple-item INTO list

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Anthony Bykov <a(dot)bykov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: issue: record or row variable cannot be part of multiple-item INTO list
Date: 2017-09-14 12:53:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

> The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
> make installcheck-world: tested, passed
> Implements feature: tested, passed
> Spec compliant: not tested
> Documentation: tested, failed
>
> Hello,
> As far as I understand, this patch adds functionality (correct me if I'm
> wrong) for users. Shouldn't there be any changes in doc/src/sgml/ with the
> description of new functionality?

It removes undocumented limit. I recheck plpgsql documentation and there
are not any rows about prohibited combinations of data types.

There is line:

where command-string is an expression yielding a string (of type text)
containing the command to be executed. The optional target is a record
variable, a row variable, or a comma-separated list of simple variables and
record/row fields, into which the results of the command will be stored.
The optional USING expressions supply values to be inserted into the
command.

what is correct if I understand well with this patch.

Regards

Pavel