behave of --create-slot option

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: behave of --create-slot option
Date: 2018-05-28 19:41:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I am writing a article about PostgreSQL 11 features. Now I am looking on
new option --create-slot option of pg_basebackup command.

I don't understand to use case for this option, because It fails when
requested slot already exists. I cannot to imagine use case for this. If I
write some scripts, then I prefer the behave like "create if doesn't exist
or do nothing".

Any repeated running of script with this option should to fail. Is it
required? Why?

Regards

Pavel