Re: JSONB maximal length ?

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ROS Didier <didier(dot)ros(at)edf(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JSONB maximal length ?
Date: 2019-09-28 16:25:59
Lists: pgsql-general

so 28. 9. 2019 v 18:12 odesílatel ROS Didier <didier(dot)ros(at)edf(dot)fr> napsal:

> Hi
>
> By inserting data in a JSONB type column I got the following error
> message:
>
> *>> *
>
> *ERROR: string too long to represent as jsonb string*
>
> *DETAIL: Due to an implementation restriction, jsonb strings cannot
> exceed 268435455 bytes.*
>
> *<< *
>
> could anyone confirm that there is a size limit for JSONB type fields ?

you hit check

static size_t
checkStringLen(size_t len)
{
<-->if (len > JENTRY_OFFLENMASK)
<--><-->ereport(ERROR,
<--><--><--><-->(errcode(ERRCODE_PROGRAM_LIMIT_EXCEEDED),
<--><--><--><--> errmsg("string too long to represent as jsonb string"),
<--><--><--><--> errdetail("Due to an implementation restriction, jsonb
strings cannot exceed %d bytes.",
<--><--><--><--><--><--> JENTRY_OFFLENMASK)));

<-->return len;
}

what is 255MB

Regards