Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #2)

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #2)
Date: 2018-03-02 02:03:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> - new plpgsql extra_checks
>
> WOA, but recently set to that status. Patch essentially from
> 2017-01-11.
>
> I'm not really sure there's agreement we want this.

This patch is simple and has benefit for users with basic plpgsql skills,
and some for all.

In more complex cases, probably plpgsql_check is used everywhere today,
what is better but significantly complex solution. But not all cases can be
solved by plpgsql_check, because it does only static analyze. This patch
does some runtime warnings and checks.

Regards

Pavel