vacuumdb --all --analyze-in-stages - wrong order?

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: vacuumdb --all --analyze-in-stages - wrong order?
Date: 2014-05-18 07:52:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I am looking on --analyze-in-stages option. If I understand well,
motivation for this option is a get some minimal statistic for databases in
minimal time. But when I tested, I found so iterations are per databases,
not per stages - some first database get a maximum statistics and second
has zero statistics. Isn't it unpractical?

Now:

DB a
stage 1, stage2, stage3
DB b