Re: strange error message from slave when connection to master cannot be established

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange error message from slave when connection to master cannot be established
Date: 2017-06-08 17:17:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
> > I got strange error message - false message - max connection is less on
> > slave than on master, although these numbers was same. The issue was in
> > wrong connection string in recovery conf and slave cannot to check master
> > and used some defaults.
>
> I don't understand this problem report.

I am sorry. I did training so I had not enough time to get enough data.

We started slave and start fails. The error message was some about less max
connection on slave than master. Slave had 30, Master had 30. But we had a
issue in ssl configuration on slave connection string. And although slave
didn't connect master we got a massage about different max connection - 30
was compared with default 100.

Regards

Pavel