Re: review: CHECK FUNCTION statement

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: review: CHECK FUNCTION statement
Date: 2011-12-19 15:47:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2011/12/19 Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>:
> On 12/17/2011 04:00 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>
>> I use it for checking of my most large plpgsql project - it is about
>> 300KB plpgsql procedures - but this code is not free - and this module
>> helps to find lot of bugs.
>

> Great.  If you continue to check against that regularly, that makes me feel
> better.  I was guessing you had a large body of such source code around, and
> knowing it executed correctly against all of it improves my confidence here.

I am not alone

a subset is used in plpgsql_lint and I know about some commercial
subjects that use it too.

https://github.com/okbob/plpgsql_lint

but code in check function is little newer. It can interesting test
some code that is wroted by person with background from other db,
because they use a different patterns

I don't use a explicit cursors for example - on other hand, I use
exception intensively in my last project. We can ask people from
LedgerSMB about testing if somebody has contact

Regards

Pavel