Re: Typos and inconsistencies in code

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Typos and inconsistencies in code
Date: 2019-10-29 03:49:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:22 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find the attached patch having the fix for the typos and
> inconsistencies present in code.
> The patch contains the following changes:
> 1) attibute -> attribute
> 2) efficent -> efficient
> 3) becuase -> because
> 4) fallthru -> fall through
> 5) uncoming -> upcoming
> 6) ans -> and
> 7) requrested -> requested
> 8) peforming -> performing
> 9) heartbearts -> heartbeats
> 10) parametrizing -> parameterizing
> 11) uninit -> uninitialized
> 12) bufgr -> bufmgr
> 13) directi -> direct
> 14) thead -> thread
> 15) somthing -> something
> 16) freek -> freak
> 17) changesd -> changes
>
> Let me know your thoughts on the same.

Few comments:
1.
* The act of allocating pages to recycle may have invalidated the
- * results of our previous btree reserch, so repeat it. (We could
+ * results of our previous btree search, so repeat it. (We could
* recheck whether any of our split-avoidance strategies that were

I think the old comment meant "btree research" but you changed to "btree search"

2.
/* copy&pasted from .../src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c
- * and changesd struct pg_tm to struct tm
+ * and changes struct pg_tm to struct tm
*/
Seems like this comment meant "Changed struct pg_tm to struct tm"

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar