Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Date: 2023-10-12 12:46:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 5:57 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 4:34 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> In my last email, I forgot to give the link from where I have taken
> the base path for dividing the buffer pool in banks so giving the same
> here[1]. And looking at this again it seems that the idea of that
> patch was from
> Andrey M. Borodin and the idea of the SLRU scale factor were
> introduced by Yura Sokolov and Ivan Lazarev. Apologies for missing
> that in the first email.
>
> [1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/2627/

In my last email I have just rebased the base patch, so now while
reading through that patch I realized that there was some refactoring
needed and some unused functions were there so I have removed that and
also added some comments. Also did some refactoring to my patches. So
reposting the patch series.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0002-bank-wise-slru-locks.patch application/octet-stream 64.6 KB
v2-0003-Introduce-bank-wise-LRU-counter.patch application/octet-stream 6.7 KB
v2-0001-Divide-SLRU-buffers-into-banks.patch application/octet-stream 18.6 KB