Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date: 2022-04-04 15:44:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 2:25 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> At Mon, 04 Apr 2022 17:29:48 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> > I haven't found how the patch caused creation of a relation file that
> > is to be removed soon. However, I find that v19 patch fails by maybe
> > due to some change in Cluster.pm. It takes a bit more time to check
> > that..
>
> I was a bit away, of course the wal-logged create database interfares
> with the patch here. But I haven't found that why it stops creating
> database directory under pg_tblspc.

I did not understand what is the exact problem here, but the database
directory and the version file are created under the default
tablespace of the target database. However, other than the default
tablespace of the database, the database directory will be created
along with the smgrcreate() so that we do not create an unnecessary
directory under the tablespace where we do not have any data to be
copied.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar