Re: Undo logs

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dilip Kumar <dilip(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Undo logs
Date: 2018-09-03 05:56:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 10:24 PM Dilip Kumar
> <dilip(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> > As Thomas has already mentioned upthread that we are working on an
>> > undo-log based storage and he has posted the patch sets for the lowest
>> > layer called undo-log-storage.
>> >
>> > This is the next layer which sits on top of the undo log storage,
>> > which will provide an interface for prepare, insert, or fetch the undo
>> > records. This layer will use undo-log-storage to reserve the space for
>> > the undo records and buffer management routine to write and read the
>> > undo records.
>
> I have also pushed a new WIP version of the lower level undo log
> storage layer patch set to a public branch[1]. I'll leave the earlier
> branch[2] there because the record-level patch posted by Dilip depends
> on it for now.

Rebased undo_interface patches on top of the new branch of undo-log-storage[1].

[1] https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/zheap/tree/undo-log-storage-v2

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment Content-Type Size
undo_interface_v2.patch application/octet-stream 64.7 KB
undo_interface_test_v2.patch application/octet-stream 5.4 KB