Re: FIPS mode?

From: Curtis Ruck <curtis(dot)ruck+pgsql(dot)hackers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FIPS mode?
Date: 2017-06-24 22:29:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

To utilize openssl FIPS, you have to explicitly enable it, per the FIPS
user guide: https://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-2.0.pdf

So, my target would be redhat/centos where openssl FIPS is
certified/available, and then add a configuration parameter to enable it
(much like Apache HTTPD's SSLFIPS directive:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslfips).